Enrollment for Spring Semester 2020 at the Greatmartyr Euphemia Orthodox Theological Academy is open and going on right now.
Our program reaches its fulfillment with this fourth semester of courses. Many of you will be graduating this semester, and receive the Diploma in Orthodox Theology. Make sure your contact information is correct, especially your mailing address! See more at our website: OrthodoxAcademy.org. Learn more about your Orthodox faith, and about the core of our Church’s teachings!
You have your choices of our new Spring Semester courses:
- Liturgics (the cycles of worship – necessary for future clergy)
- Pastoral Praxis (how to be a good pastor and preacher!)
- Orthodox Spirituality (a thorough treatment of our life in Christ)
Or any of the previously offered classes from last year:
- Old Testament (intro to Scripture study and interpretation)
- New Testament 1 (The Gospels, Acts, and Revelation)
- New Testament 2 (The Apostolic Epistles)
- Patristics (study of Church Fathers – fantastic for apologetics!)
- Canon Law (how the Church actually governs itself)
- Church History (the real story of the spread of Christianity)
- Dogmatic Theology (what we do, and do not, believe)
- Bioethics and Moral Theology (sustaining the moral tradition)
- Comparative Theology (basic understandings of other religions)
Classes start on Monday, January 27th. If you haven’t submitted an application, or your application is incomplete – now is your chance.
This year, we’ve had many requests to Audit classes, so we are now including an option to audit as part of your enrollment. And frankly, why let another year go by without advancing your spiritual knowledge? Register today! Remember, if you have not completed your application, let us know if you need help. We again have a large number of applicants, but not all have completed their applications.
In Christ our Risen Savior, for the Academy team,
Fr. John A. Peck