by Fr. John A. Peck
Since we are now less than two days away from beginning the Old Testament Challenge, we should run through a basic check list of readiness.
- Bible with all the books of the Orthodox Canon of the Old Testament (the Septuagint Old Testament). Check.
- Ebook “Learning the Old Testament the Orthodox Way“ ? Check
- Have a partner or Challenge ‘buddy’ to help keep you accountable and who you can likewise encourage along the way? Check
- Printed up the Prayer before Reading the Scriptures and have it with your Bible? Check
- Signed up at The Old Testament Challenge Warrior Saints Collective Facebook Group? Check
- Found the password, and printed up the Old Testament Challenge Reading Schedule? Check
- Have a paper journal or notebook for handwritten notes and a pen that won’t run out of ink? Check
- Have a place to work quietly for an hour without distraction for the next 100 days? Check.
- Got a blessing from my priest to begin this morning? Well, did you?
That last one is recommended, and applicable only to those who can attend a church. I hope you were able to accomplish it. I said a special prayer for all of you this morning, and I hope you will also pray for everyone else who is taking the Old Testament Challenge with you.
- Pray for each other, every day. Check.
Tomorrow night, we get started. Spread the word!
Go HERE for the kickoff on Monday night.
Leave a Reply