I am occasionally invited to speak on various topics related to the Gospel, evangelism in America, and the penetration of Orthodoxy into American culture.
If you are wondering what others think of my writing and presentations, please look at my What Others Are Saying page.
If you would like to invite me to speak at your event or retreat, you can book me through the Orthodox Speakers Bureau. Some themes of talks I have already given include,
- the American Orthodox Mission,
- New Media and practical evangelism,
- Homiletics, it’s critical importance, ancient and modern,
- Basic Biblical Knowledge for Children,
- Classical education and Orthodox schools,
- Christian marriage,
- Orthodox Parenting in the 21st Century, and
- Priestly Formation and Vocation.
I have a deep personal interest in preaching, especially early Christian and Byzantine-era preaching, and how it relates to contemporary mission and preaching. The formation of the clergyman as preacher is a focus of my attention. This oft neglected but powerful subject is of primary concern, as I consider excellence in preaching to be the most basic skill of any competent clergyman.
You should, too.